Sunday, February 8, 2009

Untitled

You say "I love you"
Do you?
Love isn't a slap in the face
Whether with your hand
Or your words
It hurts just the same
A bruised face appeals more to me than a wounded heart

Tell me how you feel
Jokes and sarcasm are masks
Yet they reflect truth
There's reason behind everything said
If it's merely to hurt me
Why do you do it?
Is there a certain amount of pleasure that derives from my pain?

You say you want me to be more serious
Is it fair to ask me to remove my armor in the middle of battle?
When soldiers around me around me are still falling
And your drawn sword drips with blood
That's asking a lot

Am I just one more pair of breasts to you?
Will I go down as a
Nameless
Faceless
Toy
That you will eventually tire of?

Why is it that when you call
I run?
Why do I have to care?
Do you care?
Do you utter my name as you dose off to sleep?
Do you see my face in the clouds
Or smell my smell as the wind blow through your hair?

Can you see a wedding day?
Who are you marrying?
Who mothers your children?
Who are you aging with?
Cerra Ann Craven
1/00

No comments: