Thursday, January 1, 2009

Threads of an Empty Soul

Bitterness reigns on my heart
Maintaining my emotionless countenance
Is all that keeps me sane
And protected from the hurt
You've caused

Willingly oblivious
To my sorrow
You go on
Pleasing only yourself

Happiness anymore
Is a mask I put on
To feed your
Ignorant bliss

You've reduced the ties between us
Down to a solitary thread
And as I go to snip
The very last one away
You add just one more
To replace it

Like sustaining the life
Of a prisoner of war
You've held on to me

Now both hands
Armed with sharpened knifes
I'm ready
To cut away
Any remaining threads
You may throw around me
I'm done
Cerra Ann Craven
5/00
I thought this appropriate to post for the new year. At times in our lives we put up with things that we shouldn't for far to long. May this year be full of new beginnings, happiness and always better than the last.

No comments: